Keep Your Feet Cozy In Personalized Family Socks
Socks will often feel like one of the dull items that you must have or when receiving them as a gift. perhaps one of the least exciting you can get. There are times when socks are not appropriate, depending on your own sense of fashion but having said that pretty well everyone owns many pairs. Socks actually have many different purposes other than their obvious use, to be worn with shoes or sneakers etc. Many people also have particular bed socks or a pair they wear when relaxing at home instead of using a pair of slippers. There are many benefits to wearing them with any footwear and are often an essential item, thinking of wearing a suit, shoes but no socks would like a bit odd. There are many occasions for when socks are not necessary and those may include for women in a skirt combined with tights although there are versions where this may work. There is also a division in what right or wrong about wearing them with slides or flip flops. This subject often divides opinion as there are some people see this as acceptable there are countless others who believe the combination looks ridiculous.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Over time most people will build up quite a collection of socks and although some do wear out there are often pairs that are years old in the drawers. Some are simple and plain, others colorful with many different patterns and designs. There are those that come as sets that are based around a specific theme such as Disney or a movie or TV theme or perhaps a character or animals. Then there are one off novelty varieties as well as ones for variation celebrations like Christmas socks or for a birthday and of course those for differentmembers of the family such as mum or dad.
There is a huge range of choice and are something that is easy to select and buy but there are other ranges of items that have been designed with families in mind and these have a vast amount of options that cover clothing, jewelry and many accessories. There are outfits, pajamas and onesies as well as necklaces and rings and objects for the home such as mugs. All of the items within this niche are fairly popular among many families and they are available in all sorts of combinations of people that range from an individual item such as one for Mom or Dad to a whole set that are produced for the whole family.
The wearing of whole outfits or any other stand out garments is not for everyone and this niche of matching clothing does make many people cringe and they would never think to wear them even though they can be a bit of fun for everyone. On the other hand there are many families that will embrace the entire identical garment thing and understand the reasoning behind it. For those people who are on the fence about wearing these type of garments that are more discreet items that will offer a compromise and one of those is a set of socks. They enable people to enjoy the fun that comes from wearing this type of thing while also being subtle enough as to not stand out in a crowd.
Socks come in a huge range of varying patterns and designs which will be produced for either individual or various combination of family members including sets for all. Separate ones will be dedicated to one particular person, often with some way of making them personalized for that person while sets can be purchased for everyone again with many custom words or themes. These make great gifts for anytime but go down well at special occasions such as Christmas, birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving or Easter.
When we think of the actual sock itself most people will picture the same image in their minds but there are many different types, some of which we have listed below:
- Split-toe/ Tabi
- Half toe
- Leg warmer
- Winter/ Thermal
- Grip/ Anti-slip
- Over the knee
- Thigh high
- Belly / No show
- Anklet/ Sneaker
- Mid calf
- Crew length
- Over the Calf
- Low cut
- Knee high
- Toe less
- Silicon foot protector
That obviously makes for a lot of choice and when you throw color options there can be thousands of variations. Another important aspect is the material from which they are made with the most popular fabrics being nylon, wool, polyester, cotton, silk, acrylic, linen, cashmere, bamboo, spandex and mohair. And of course we have mentioned the many different patterns, designs and prints that have been created. The final and perhaps most important decision is the size which will range from small to plus sizes and will tend to cover all foot sizes.
A Set Of Fun Matching Socks Will Be Great Gifts Anytime Including Christmas
There are very few people who do not enjoy receiving gifts and for most of us it is a very happy moment but it is also true that giving a loved one a gift will often bring even more happiness than receiving. Even better are gives that are personal to the recipient and these personal elements can come in various forms where sometimes it will just be the fact the gift has come from a certain person that makes it priceless and sentimental.
Most of the time the gift of socks would usually be thought of as a pretty dull and boring present with not many thing being any worse. However they can be made to look a little more interesting and fun to wear with the right kind of pattern or themed design that is of some interest to the person wearing them. For example a Star Wars fan will take great delight in wearing star wars socks, anyone who wants to feel their family close can wear a set with family photos and during the festive season wearing Christmas socks can be great fun.
Socks are generally pretty uninspiring although they can be made to look more exciting but first and foremost they serve a purpose and are not just a fashion accessory. They do actually have an important role in working to keep your feet stay as healthy as possible.
Below we look over some of the reasons why socks are a must item to wear.
- Feet have many thousands of sweat glands, 125 000 in fact and produce quite a lot of liquid in a day standing at around half a pint. Wearing shoes without socks would result in all of this liquid ending up in your shoes. Because of this your feet would be incredibly vulnerable to all sorts of infection like athlete’s foot and would leave a smell that would linger in the shoes forever. Socks serve their purpose in absorbing all of this moisture which will help to keep the feet nice and dry.
- Wearing shoes without any socks can become very uncomfortable as the skin will normally be rubbing against the shoes and this can result in very painful blisters.
- With every step there is impact taken through the foot and although this is much alleviated by the shoes we wear, by wearing socks there will be even more padding and this will help to protect skin and soft tissue even more so therefore protecting the skin and soft tissue.
- When you either run or walk your feet will automatically expand, elongate and flatten and this means they are in a constant state of change. While this occurs a pair of socks will provide the protection your feet will require to help prevent this from happening.
- Many peoples feet will get severely cold in winter weathers and shoes do not do the best of job in keeping them warm. Socks, like gloves for hands will keep those feet and toes warm and protect against problems such as chilblains.
One last reason that socks can make someone happy is through the giving of a gift to a family member who is required to spend a lot of time away from home. There are people who by spending time a long distance from home will end of having some kind of separation anxiety and some people struggle more than others. For them being away may not be of their choosing but could be for work or educational purposes. An item such as a pair of socks that have been given by the rest of the family or are part of a matching set that every else wears will help them to feel closer and more connected to their loved ones while away. They will remind them of how much they are loved and missed and that it will not be long before they are back home once again.
Best Ideas And Inspiration For Pairs To Wear At Home, Holidays And Vacations From Novelty Photo Face to Cool Custom Sets
With so many various pairs available in many colors and designs we have made a list of some of our favorites to offer up a few ideas and a little inspiration.
Matching Family Socks
- Leopard print in both adult and child sizes for whole family
Personalized Family Socks
- 4 pack of personalized Christmas stocking with large cable knit
- Personalized Christmas stockings with individual custom names
- Personalized 3D pattern flip flop
Christmas Socks For The Family
- Set of 6 Christmas themed with anti slip bottoms
- Matching set for adults and children with Christmas tree, Santa Claus and Snowflake pattern
- 5 pairs of Christmas themed thermal winter warm socks
- Matching set in red and black plaid
- Winter holiday festive set of 4
- Christmas holiday 6 pack anti slip
- Fun animal dog head patterns
Sushi Socks Box
- Selection of 5 pairs packed in a sushi tray, designed and packaged to look like sushi
Pizza Socks Box
- Pizza box with socks laid out like pizza slices
Funny Burger Socks Box
- 2 pairs in burger box folded to look like a burger
- Baby Shark – Daddy Shark – Mommy Shark
- Mama Bear – Papa Bear – Baby Bear set embroidered on bottom with bear
- Distance means so little – When someone means so much
- Multi pack in various colors and crazy designs
- Set of striped Santa elf holiday design
- Please do not disturb – I’m watching modern family
- Hiking Moose pattern
- Moose head animal themed set
Novelty / Funny
- If you can read this bring me some cookies
- If you can read this bring me some wine
- If you can read this bring me a beer
- If you can read this bring me some bacon
Family Picture – Photo
- Custom print with your photo all over
Family Faces On Socks
- Custom face socks with your personal photo
Rainbow Sheep Of The Family
- Rainbow sheep of the family print in blue with rainbow colored sheep
- I’m the rainbow sheep of the family blue green shade with rainbow colored sheep
- Black with rainbow stripes and Proud written on side in rainbow colors
- Women’s winter snowflake fleece lined thick knit design
- Cute and funny 3D cartoon animals
- In this family no one fights alone
Warm And Protected Feet Are Much Needed For Winter With Slipper Socks Provide Grip All Year
Enjoying things and time with your family are going to be the most treasured moments of a persons life. It does not matter who are your closest family, it could be Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Brother, Sisters, Daughters or Sons, but regardless it is these people that give you the love and support you need. Spending time doing things together benefits all concerned and having fun with items such as matching socks can add to those fond memories.
For parents with children it is the time spent with them that will become precious memories that will forever be looked back on with happiness and for children it is the same but they also will have other benefits. A child who spends a lot of time with their parents will be influenced by them and learn different skills in life such as how they deal with relationships when they grow older. By parents paying attention to them there is a positive result in that they generally show better behavior, confidence and their school grades will usually improve.
There are numerous amounts of things you can all participate in together both outdoors and at home. While at home the cozy socks can be brought out and if all of you have a coordinating set it will be great fun comparing them. You will feel a closer bond when wearing similar items as you will feel deeply connected and they portray you as a family that is equal, loving and immensely caring of one another. On the plus side they also keep the feet and toes worm during the winter months and if you have chosen slipper socks you will have the added benefit of some grip on slippery surfaces.
While most people will wear a pair of socks during the day there is a change in attitude when asked about wearing a pair to bed. One survey says around 44% of the population do not like wearing them to bed with only 28% enjoying wearing them and 29% having mixed feelings. For those people who do wear them to bed will most likely find themselves sleeping better. Wearing something warm on feet helps with the bodies internal temperature regulation and this works even better for anyone who suffers from poor circulation that tends to mostly effect the extremities of the body such as hands and feet. During the night a persons body temperature will fluctuate but by wearing socks it helps to balance the fluctuations resulting in a better sleep. There have also been studies that have shown that a person who wears them to bed will generally fall asleep a lot faster and the reason for this is, the temperature of the feet warming will trigger a response in the brain that basically says it is bed time.
Of course you will come across many other benefits and some of these will include:
- The improvement of cracking heals which is achieved by moisturizing the problem area of the heals before sleep and then wearing cotton socks which will help to prevent heels getting dried out.
- Because they improve a persons internal temperature regulation they help to cool the core body temperature which then prevents hot flushes.
- There are people who suffer from something known as Raynaud’s attack which will affect the skin around fingers and toes. Circulation is lost which can result in them throbbing and swelling.
On the other hand, for those people that have a high body the wearing of socks in bed could cause them to overheat too much. A higher body temperature is often a result of better circulation, thicker skin or a faster metabolism. This all means that they generate much more heat and by keeping the feet warm they are at risk of overheating and being uncomfortable. There is another reason for not wearing them and that is the level of comfort. Some people find wearing anything in bed a complete distraction and incredibly annoying for which there is a reason. The human body is a lot more sensitive to any kind of stimuli when it is about to go to sleep. There are other items available to overcome this if you do suffer from cold feet and that is to use a hot water bottle or perhaps having a nice warm foot bath before going to sleep.